To ensure that the Diplomatic Reception Rooms remain rich in the decorative arts and master crafts of early American history, thereby forever providing a uniquely beautiful and appropriate setting for productive dialogue between our nation’s leaders and their international guests.
To employ the fine arts in support of the diplomatic arts by providing an elegant and historically evocative suite of rooms within which American and foreign leaders can establish friendships, exchange ideas, and tend to the aspirations and afflictions of a dynamic world.
- To maintain the Diplomatic Reception Rooms as a living national treasure, available for public tours and serving as a magnificent and versatile venue for diplomatic events.
- To win friends for our country by exposing visitors from around the world to furnishings that mirror America’s enduring commitment to liberty and peace.
- To celebrate our nation’s cultural heritage through the acquisition, display, preservation, and continual refinement of a diverse collection of exquisite works of art from the era of America’s conception and youth.
- To sustain over time the vital mission and priceless cultural value of the Diplomatic Reception Rooms by expressing profound appreciation to our generous donors and by successfully attracting the contributions of others.
- To illustrate the continuity of American diplomacy by assembling museum quality objects that commemorate past accomplishments while setting the stage for modern breakthroughs, all based on timeless principles of freedom and law.